Bruschetta is just another word for fancy toast, right?
I love having this delicious Bruschetta prepped and ready in my fridge for a fancy toast anytime I please. As you’ll see in the notes below I’ve also been know to use this in salads, pastas, or even eating it stand-alone for a quick snack.
It all comes together in 2 minutes with ZERO cook time and gets better and better with each day it sits in your fridge. Mine has never made it sitting past three days though so I cant vouch for anything longer than that.
Funny story, this recipe is so easy to make that I even decided to film my very FIRST recipe video for it and guess what. It was all out of focus the ENTIRE TIME. I had a good laugh and deleted all the footage immediately. You live and you learn. I need to learn how to focus my camera before filming videos obviously. Oh well, Next time!
Heirloom Tomato & White Bean Bruschetta
1 can white cannellini beans
1 cup heirloom cherry tomatoes
1/2 tsp crushed garlic
1/2 tsp fresh oregano
1/2 lemon – juiced
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Salt & pepper to taste
4 – 6 slices of Crusty Sourdough bread
1. Drain & rinse your beans really well, set aside.
2. Cut your cherry tomatoes in half and set aside. (If you can’t find heirloom tomatoes any cherry tomatoes will do)
3. Toast your bread until they’re golden brown on both sides. You can do this in a standard toaster or in the oven.
4. Mix all your bruschetta ingredients in a bowl and let sit for at least 10 minutes to marinate.
5. Top your toasted bread. Sprinkle with more sea salt & pepper.
Note: this bruschetta topping will taste even better the next day and can be used as a great salad topper or tossed with your favorite pasta.
Enjoy it veganly much!
Leave a Reply