This Frittata has got me feeling all the feels!
You know that shocked kitty cat emoji on your phone? That was me when I finished testing this recipe and saw that it came out perfect. Or should I say purrrrfect. Okay sorry that was a bad pun. But seriously, can we talk about this for a second? I made the most delicious eggy veggie frittata out of CHICKPEA FLOUR!! I mean. COME ON! That’s magic right?
I’m officially convinced there is nothing a chickpea cant do!
AND JUST LOOK AT IT!
All it takes is a few delicious vegetables, some almond milk, some household seasonings, and the magic of CHICKPEA FLOUR (which you can find at ANY supermarket these days)
A couple cake pans or a casserole dish, cast iron skillet, or even a muffin tin are all great vessels for baking up these beauties. This recipe took less than 30 minutes total and would be so fabulous for a fancy brunch or even a weeknight dinner. I have 1.5 frittatas in my fridge right now and very much plan on reheating them up for dinner tonight (Monday) served with a fresh side salad. Talk about perfection, my face still looks like that shocked emoji.
Vegan Chickpea Veggie Frittata
Chickpea Egg Mixture:
2 cups chickpea flour
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp turmeric
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp pink Himalayan sea salt
A few grounds of fresh cracked pepper
1/8 tsp kala namak (black salt) – optional for that extra eggy flavor
Veggies: Feel free to use any combination of vegetables you enjoy most.
1 cup broccoli
3 stalks kale
1 medium orange bell pepper
10 cherry tomatoes
12 oz crimini Mushrooms
2 cups fresh spinach
1/2 large green zucchini
2 green onions (scallions)
1 tsp crushed garlic
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Salt & Pepper to taste
Vegan Parmesan Cheese – optional topping
1. Start by prepping all your veggies by dicing into small pieces. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Prepare 2 cake pans by spraying generously with olive oil.
2. In a large sauté pan, bring 3 tbsp olive oil to a high heat and add all your veggies. Stir frequently to soften and brown a bit. Add crushed garlic one minute before finished cooking and add seasonings at the end as well. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. In a bowl combine all the chickpea egg ingredients and whisk well until there are no lumps. Add a few tablespoons of water to thin out if needed. You want a pancake batter consistency.
4. Pour egg mixture evenly into the prepared cake pans. Recipe makes enough for 2 – 8inch round pans. Top with all the veggies and stir a bit to make sure everything is coated. Drizzle a tiny bit more olive oil on top.
5. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until the egg mixture sets and begins to crack at the top. If adding vegan parm, remove from the oven after about 10 mins sprinkle cheese over top and return back to the oven for the remainder of the time or until cheese melts and frittata is set.
Best part of this recipe? You can really customize it any way you like. Choose your favorite veggies, herbs, vegan meats & cheeses. The possibilities are endless and I know I’ll be recreating this one over and over and over again.
Come and knock on my door! Frittata is waiting for you.