Do you find yourself always buying the same thing at the grocery store? This is going to get you excited about trying something new…
We all do it.
We’ve been grocery shopping about once a week every week for our entire adult life. Sometimes much more than that because you forgot to buy the scallions and you cant make pad thai without scallions – but more on that next week. So, we’re obviously going to get into a routine. For me it goes like this…
1. Grab a cart. Wipe cart down with the sanitizer wipes because obviously everyone has Ebola.
2. Make a left and head straight to the produce section. Walk past the cheese fridge, salivate a little, keep walking…
3. Grab your bananas, avocados, apples, lemons, cucumbers, spinach, kale, romaine, potatoes, roma tomatoes, baby carrots, & exxxtra firm tofu…
4. Circle around to the milk section – smile ear to ear when you see how many non-dairy milk options you have – grab the same almond milk you always buy.
5. Left turn at the frozen aisle – do I really need more Gardein Chicken-less Chicken strips? – yes, yes I do.
6. Right turn at the bean aisle, garbanzo, black, kidney, oow I need Marinara Sauce.
7. Check out the Daiya Vegan Cheese shreds next to all her very dairy friends – high five the bag of Daiya – hope that no one saw that.
8. Put your head down and hurry to the check-out aisle. Sh*t I left my reusable bags in the car!
Literally, every. time.
Well this time I picked up some bok choy and I planned on just steaming it but I really dont like steamed veggies so I roasted it instead and it’s officially on my weekly grocery list! You are going to love this easy peasy recipe that comes together in less than 15 minutes and is so damn good for you; you’ll be high fiving yourself for dinner tonight!
You really only need 1 ingredient – the rest I know you have already!
Salt & Pepper Roasted Bok Choy
4 baby bok choy
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Sea Salt & Fresh Cracked Pepper
- Cut the bok choy in half lengthwise and give them a really good rinse in the sink. Pat dry but leave some moisture.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper & preheat oven all the way up to 450 degrees
- Place bok choy in a single layer on baking sheet with the cut side up. Drizzle with olive oil and a generous sprinkle of pink Himalayan sea salt & fresh cracked pepper.
- Roast on the middle rack of your oven for 10 minutes (15 minutes if you like your veggies extra well done)
- Sprinkle with a touch more sea salt and a sprinkle of sesame seeds and enjoy it while warm.
This would taste great with a side of steamed brown rice and some tofu. I enjoyed it best when hot out of the oven but would also be delicious served cold or room temp with a cold noodle salad. The possibilities are endless!
Try it paired with this Quinoa Crusted Tofu for the most delicious healthy meal!
Or mix it up with tons of veg, quinoa, & this Vegan Kale Pesto or Mint & Arugula Chutney for a Green Healthy AF Bowl!
Leave a Reply