I just love hummus on/with everything and have so much fun creating different flavored hummus. It takes my basic everyday favorite to an unexpected and delicious treat with just a few added ingredients.
A few weeks ago I participated in a really fun cooking club with all my vegan best friends from the internet, hey P2tV gang! It was a Buzzfeed / Spoon University / Trader Joe’s challenge; $20 + 1 trip to Trader Joes = 5 easy vegan dinners! I know, right?!?
One of the recipes was this yummy roasted carrot soup. I added Sriracha to it and realized that the most amazing and underutilized flavor combos is Carrots + Sriracha! I mean, WOW talk about a flavor bomb. Match made is sweet & savory heaven!
That’s what inspired this yummy hummus.
Hummus is Life! Let’s go…
Spicy Carrot Hummus
What you’ll need:
1 tsp cumin
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 can chickpeas
1 tablespoon tahini
1/2 cup carrot juice
2 tablespoons or more Sriracha
Salt & Pepper to taste
Curry Powder or Turmeric Powder – optional to give it that gorgeous color!
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Cut carrots into 1 inch pieces and coat with olive oil, cumin, & garlic powder. Roast on parchment lined baking sheet for 20 – 25 minutes until their roasty and tender.
3. Add roasted carrots and 1/2 cup carrot juice to a food processor and blend until puréed completely and no chunks remain.
4. Drain and rinse a can of chickpeas. Add to the carrot purée in food processor with tahini & Sriracha.
5. Blend until you get desired texture. Add more carrot juice to thin out if necessary. I like my hummus pretty smooth. Season more if necessary.
6. Serve with pita chips or celery sticks. Add to sandwiches. Or enjoy with crackers as an afternoon snack!
Anyway you enjoy it, enjoy it veganly much!