I literally cried tears of joy while I was eating this pasta! I mean it. Literally. Tears.
When going vegan there are a few essentials you need to keep on hand at all times. Some of those essentials are pasta, tahini, hemp seeds, lots of leafy greens, fresh lemons, and of course nutritional yeast. ALL of those essentials are in this magical recipe.
Talk about a party in your mouth! In this case a PASTA PARTY in your mouth. With my favorite pasta, Banza Chickpea Pasta. Let’s get going I’m getting hungry just writing about it…
Brussels Sprouts Tahini Pasta
1 box Banza pasta
2 cups Brussels sprouts
3 leaves dino kale
Salt & Pepper to taste
Drizzle of olive oil
3 tbsp tahini
1/2 cup pasta water
1 tbsp vegan butter
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast (optional)
1/2 juice of lemon
1 tbsp hemp seeds
2 tbsp pistachios
1. Cook pasta according to box instructions.
2. Slice Brussels sprouts & kale into thin slices (keep in separate bowls) and dress with olive oil salt and pepper.
3. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat oven to 425
4. Spread Brussels sprouts evenly on baking sheet and cook in oven for 5 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and add kale shreds. Mix well. Back in the oven for 10 minutes.
6. Once your pasta is cooked, drain out half the water and leave half in the pot with the pasta.
7. Add tahini, vegan butter, & nutritional yeast to the pasta + water and mix well.
8. Add Brussels sprouts and kale to the pasta and mix well.
9. Top with hemp seeds, pistachios, and a squeeze of fresh lemon.
Optional: add fresh basil & cherry tomatoes for a fresh finishing touch.
Also optional: add avocado because… Avocado!!!
However you decide to enjoy it, I hope you enjoy it Veganly much!
Leave a Reply