I am absolutely in love with Saturday’s! I sleep in, clean my house, do some sort of exercise (today was a 4 mile walk/run/mostly walk and try to breathe, and finally the best part I COOK! All week I dream up or read up on delicious recipes and Saturdays are usually the day when I can just cook! Not cook because I’m hungry and need dinner on the table in 10 minutes but just COOK! As in, cook for fun! And oh boy it’s so much fun!
We were having some friends over for game night so I kept busy cooking up a bunch of appetizers. A few recipes from fellow bloggers (It Doesn’t Taste Like Chicken & Hot For Food) and this one all my very own! You guyssss this one came out so great! It’s like Thanksgiving meets Super Bowl Sunday meets who cares about football & holidays, I’ll be in the kitchen!
Let’s go! Oh and you should triple this recipe because these go fast! But this is just enough for 12 “muffins”
Stacked Sweet Potatoes & Spicy Ketchup
What you’ll need:
2 sweet potatoes
5 pinches Cinnamon
2 pinches Nutmeg
4 pinches Smoked Paprika
Salt & Pepper to taste
2 tablespoons maple syrup
2 tablespoons coconut oil
A splash of unsweetened almond milk
2 – 3 sprigs Fresh thyme
For the spicy ketchup:
3 parts ketchup + 1 part Sriracha
A muffin tin
A mandolin slicer
1. Start by peeling and slicing your sweet potatoes into thin round slices
2. Next add all ingredients to a giant bowl and mix very well. Use your hands have some fun!
3. Preheat oven to 375 and spray your muffin tin with a little bit of coconut oil
4. Layer your sweet potatoes all the way up each muffin hole (is it called a muffin hole?)
5. Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes until they’re crispy around the edges.
6. Gently remove them with a fork keeping them stacked.
7. Drizzle with the Spicy Ketchup or serve on the side!
Enjoy it Veganly Much!