Holy Sabich, I think I just created one of my favorite recipes ever! Do I say that every time? I’m so excited about this one! This is definitely my new favorite way to make eggplant so take notes, we’re never gonna eat it any other way again.
Every other weekend, my hubby goes away to school (Mr. Smarty Pants is getting his Executive MBA from a top 10 school, yes I’m bragging!) and I have the whole house to myself. I catch up on the Kardashians & The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, and I usually eat all the garlic I can fit in my mouth. Yes I love garlic, hubby doesn’t, marriage is compromise.
This is the one, you guys! The creamiest, dreamiest, easiest, healthiest (kinda), one pan dish you’ll ever need!
Let’s get cookin!
Roasted Garlic Eggplant
What you’ll need:
2 teaspoons crushed garlic (or more)
4 tablespoons marinara sauce
Creamy Lemon Dressing – optional
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees, slice your eggplant in half lengthwise, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Place your eggplant skin side down on parchment paper and score it both ways carefully not to puncture through the skin. You should have hash marks on the meat of your eggplant.
3. Drizzle both halves generously with olive oil.
4. Spread the crushed garlic all over and sneak some in between the sliced parts.
5. Sprinkle generously with seasonings and place in the oven for 30 – 45 minutes until your eggplant is soft, roasty, and creamy.
6. Once it’s ready, pull it out and top with marinara sauce, sliced almonds, and my Creamy Lemon Dressing.
Serve with some crusty bread and garnish with fresh mint or fresh Italian parsley or both.
And enjoy it Veganly much!
This recipe was perfect for 2 (I saved half for tomorrow) so double or triple if you’re making for a party of 4 or more.
Leave a Reply