These Devilish Potatoes have been on my must make list for SO long!! Well, FINALLY IT HAPPENED. They were magic! I remember what deviled eggs taste like very clearly because they were one of my favorite appetizers back in the pre-vegan wannabe days, so I was really able to mimic the taste & texture perfectly. You won’t believe how easy they are to make! Sure there is some assembly involved but I find that time well spent and actually peaceful.
Give them a shot. I served these to my omnivore family and they loved them! I think everyone can appreciate the copycat foods because they’re so fun!
And no offense Mr. Deviled Egg, imitation is the greatest form of flattery.
1 bag of baby potatoes
2 tablespoons mustard
3 tablespoons vegan mayo
2 dill pickles + a few splashes of pickle juice
Salt & Pepper
1. Boil the potatoes in water with salt until they are tender and cooked through.
2. While the potatoes are boiling, finely dice 2 pickles and mix with mustard & vegan mayo. Let sit.
3. Once your potatoes are cooked and cooled, slice in half. Take each half and scoop out the middle to create a boat. Throw the middles in a food processor and pulse a few times to get the mashed and gummy. This is the texture you want trust me.
4. Mix the potato middles and pickle mixture well. Add pickle juice as needed to thin out mixture to a deviled egg consistency.
5. Fill your potato boats with the potato pickle mixture. Use a pastry bag if you’re fancy. I used a ziplock bag and snipped the corner. It got messy but it was fun.
6. Garnish with paprika, diced onion, chopped chives, & sriracha or any hot sauce of your choice.
Enjoy this devilishly & veganly much!