When I think of my trips to visit my family in Israel I always think of Bamba! What a treat! I could eat these little peanut butter puff snacks all day every day for the rest of my life. They’re actually kind of good for you. Kind of. In moderation I guess. Babies in Israel start eating them as soon as their first teeth come in because they are so melt in your mouth perfect! I usually eat them on the couch, wearing my favorite Jammies, watching the food network…
However, this time I’m cooking with them Chopped mystery basket style.
In support of October 27th #LoveIsraelFood, where a group of foodies are showing their love for the country by cooking with some of the fabulous ingredients and flavors that come from this tiny beautiful (Democratic) region in the Middle East… I present you with my Cauliflower Bamba!
These ingredients and recipe might sound super weird but trust me it’s beyond amazing & delicious! It’s rich, savory, filling, healthy, and has several layers of intense flavor. You’ll be so impressed with yourself you’ll actually want to share your food…
1 head of cauliflower
Salt & Pepper
Lots of zaatar
Mint to garnish
1. In a baking dish mix cauliflower florets with olive oil, turmeric, onion powder, salt & pepper.
3. Pop in the oven at 425 degrees for about 15 – 20 mins, tossing them around once or twice during the bake time.
4. Remove from oven, add lots of Za’atar and serve in a bowl.
5. Drizzle tahini right on top.
6. Crumble some Bamba right over that!
7. Garnish with mint.
8. Enjoy this right out of the bowl with a fork or wrap in a pita with lettuce and tomato.