What’s a girl to do when she’s trying to watch her carbs but all she can think about is Thai Food. Well there are several options, including “screw the diet, treat yo’self” but last night I chose the low road, low carb that is. I made this delicious Pineapple Fried Rice using a nice mix of Cauliflower Rice + Quinoa and I’m so glad I did. This dish was delish! Everyone enjoyed it so much and nobody felt like they were lacking on anything. So let’s get healthy, let’s get to it, let’s get cooking!
1 bag Cauliflower Rice (Trader Joes)
1/2 Cup cooked quinoa
1 block firm Tofu
1 tablespoon Coconut Oil
1/2 bag frozen pineapple tidbits (Trader Joes)
1/2 bag frozen bell pepper mix (Trader Joes)
1 cup Raw Cashews
Soy Sauce or Liquid Aminos
Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Start with your Tofu. Dice into pieces and get it in a pan with the coconut oil. You dont need to move it around too much. Just let it get crispy then flip to get the other sides crispy too.
2. In another small saucepan, toast your raw cashews with some sriracha. These brown fast so watch them carefully. Keep them moving around in the pan until you get some browning on all sides. Turn off heat. Set aside.
3. Once your Tofu is crispy, add seasame oil + liquid aminos (or soy sauce) to flavor. You can add salt & pepper here too.
4. Mix in your frozen items (cauliflower rice, bell pepper mix, and pineapple) Mix well and cook through until everything is thawed. Taste, add more seasonings & sriracha to desired spicyness.
5. Finally in a large bowl mix everything together with quinoa & add cashews.
Enjoy it healthfully & veganly much!