1 cup Quinoa
1 cup unsalted vegetable broth
1 cup water for cooking
3 heaping tablespoons vegan cream cheese
1/2 cup shredded vegan cheddar
5 BIG splashes of Franks Red Hot Buffalo Sauce (Yes, it’s vegan and I put that sh*t on everything too)
3 tablespoons fresh parsley – chopped
2 Flax Eggs (2 tablespoons flax seed meal mixed with 2 tablespoons water, let sit to thicken)
1. First things first, spray your cute little mini muffin tin with lots of cooking spray, I used Olive Oil Spray from Trader Joe’s. And preheat your oven to 400.
2. Cook your Quinoa with 1 cup veggie broth + 1 cup water add a little bit of salt.
3. When your Quinoa is mostly cooked but still has a little bit of liquid in the pot, over low heat, stir in the vegan cream cheese and mix well. It will get so creamy.
4. Next, over low heat, add in your shredded cheese and mix well. It will get oowy goowy and even creamier.
5. Next add your 2 Flax Eggs. I mixed this together at the beginning and let it sit to thicken up. When you add this mixture to the Cheezy Quinoa it will get really thick, that’s what you want. It’s the best vegan binder to replace eggs.
6. Now drizzle in your hot sauce. Use as much as you like. I did like 3 glugs, then tasted and then tossed in like 2 more big glugs. I probably could have added more to make it spicier so just go like 2 or 3 at a time until it tastes exactly the way you want it. Since it’s vegan and doesn’t have any raw egg in it,you can taste as you go. Isn’t that the best!? Try not to finish it, we still have to bake it in our cute little muffin tin.
7. Last, turn OFF the heat and toss in most of your parsley (I like to save some for garnish) and mix well.
8. Finally spoon in 1 tablespoon of this yummy mixture into your cute little muffin tin. You can go all the way to the top these wont rise very much.
9. Pop it in the oven for about 25 minutes + 3 minutes on high broil at the end to get it crispy.
These come out so crunchy on the outside but really creamy on the inside. I ate 5 of them standing by the stove, and saved 5 to top my salad, and I don’t know what happened to the other 14…
I cant wait to make another batch. These would be such a crowd pleaser at party. The perfect appetizer, snack, and they went really great on my salad with a little bit of vegan ranch.
Hope you enjoy them Veganly much!
Orginally Posted on: March 27, 2015