Yes, I needed 7 words to name this Pizza because “OMG THIS PIZZA IS SO BOMB” wouldn’t get me the right google search clicks…
If you’ve heard that Trader Joe’s now carries a pre-made cauliflower crust, and then you heard that it’s VEGAN, and then you’re wondering why it’s always sold out when you go to buy it… It’s because I bought them ALL. Literally. Grabbed 10 boxes and I was out the door without even trying them first. Until now…
This post is NOT SPONSORED by Trader Joe’s but oh how I wish it was. TJ, are you there? Can you hear me? I love you.
The crust gets delightfully crispy in the oven first and totally holds together after you top it with a million ingredients like I did. I loved that because the one time I tried to make cauliflower pizza crust at home it totally fell apart and we had to eat it with a fork. Not this time baby!
I will be completely honest with you though, it doesn’t taste like the bready pizza dough you’re used to. It’s a different flavor texture all together. Kind of like a giant potato pancake and I say that with the utmost love and respect. Because who doesn’t lovvvve a giant potato pancake pizza? I think the cruciferous and non-traditional toppings I picked here were really a great choice because I wasn’t exactly expecting a margarita pizza which meant I was just so pleasantly surprised with my hearty & unique creation. I would follow this one exactly as is you guys. It was perfection and each layer brought something amazing to the table.
I hope you enjoyed that little food porn intermission… Let’s eat!
I’ve linked all my favorite brands and recipes for toppings below but these are just suggestions. As always, YOU DO YOU!
Broccoli Chick'n Kale Pesto Cauliflower Crust Pizza
1 cup Kale
1 cup Broccoli
1 medium Tomato
1 cup shredded vegan cheese
2 tbsp Pesto
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees per cauliflower crust instructions and bake accordingly until cooked through and crispy. If you’re making your own cauliflower crust from scratch, you’ll still want to bake the crust fully before adding any toppings.
- In the meantime, prep all your ingredients by chopping into small pieces.
- Pre-Cook your chick’n and shred into small pieces.
- Take your favorite vegan cheese (mine is Follow Your Heart slices) and shred them using a cheese grater.
- Prepare Vegan Kale Pesto or use store bought.
- Once your pizza crust is fully cooked through remove from the oven and top with ingredients. This is the order I used from bottom up. Pesto, Tomatoes, Chicken, Cheese, Kale, and Broccoli on the very top.
- Pop this back in the oven and broil on High for about 5 minutes until your cheese is melty and your broccoli starts to get crispy on top.
Remove from the oven, top with Crushed Red Pepper, slice, and enjoy it Veganly Much!