I think, I think we’re finally getting some soup weather over here in Southern California!!
That’s great news because I just bought some over the knee boots I have been dying to wear! It’s also great news because soup is one of the easiest things to make. The only secret you need to know is this… Add your seasonings slowly. A little at a time. Just a few splashes here and a dash there and repeat until you get the desired taste. This black bean soup is probably the easiest plus it’s totally plant-based so it’s actually great for you!
Let’s get soupy!
Simple Black Bean Soup
1 medium red onion diced
1 tablespoon crushed garlic
2 cans black beans drained and rinsed
2 cups water
1 cup vegetable broth
Cumin, Turmeric, Smoked Paprika
Salt & Pepper
Liquid Aminos / Soy Sauce
Nooch / Parmasan Cheese
1. Sauté the onions & garlic in a large pot with coconut oil or olive oil until onions are translucent.
2. Add seasonings.
3. Add beans + water + broth. Stir well. Let simmer.
4. Blend until smooth using an immersion blender (optional)
5. Taste. Add salt, pepper, Nooch, & liquid Aminos or soy sauce, & Sriracha a little at a time to your desired taste.
6. Finally swirl in cashew milk (or any other non dairy milk) for extra creaminess
Serve this with a delicious vegan cheese quesadilla and you’ll be so happy you decided to have a simple soup night fiesta!! I know I was!
Enjoy it veganly much!