My hubbies favorite food is Chicken fingers. Especially with a side of honey mustard. Particularly on vacation or on Birthdays.
How happy do you think I was to find out that the Trader Joes Crispy Chicken-less strips & the Gardein Crispy Chickn Strips are just as delicious as the real thing?! And so so much kinder.
So while the creative juices were flowing the other night I decided to make my favorite dish (veggie spring rolls) and his favorite dish in one Super Power Awesome and Delicious Favorite Dish! Let’s go!
Crispy Chicken-less Strips
9 Rice Paper Rolls
1/2 head of cabbage
1/2 bag matchstick carrots
2 stalks kale
1 cucumber sliced julienne
1/2 red bell pepper sliced julienne
Follow Your Heart Vegan Honey Mustard Sauce
Basil – optional
1. Get your chicken-less strips in the oven on 425 for about 12 minutes flipping halfway through so they crisp on both sides.
2. Fill a large bowl with warm water.
3. Lay out all your sliced veggies on a cutting board.
4. Dip rice paper in the warm water for a few seconds to soften. Then start to layer your veggies, kale first, then cabbage, carrots, bell pepper, cucumber. Finally lay a piece of the crispy Chicken-less chicken right on top and an optional piece of basil on top of that.
Tuck over the top and bottom of the rice paper. The start on the left side and roll the paper over covering all the goods. Keep rolling until it seals on the other end. Kind of like a burrito.
5. Set that aside and repeat 9 times until all your strips are gone.
6. I like to cut each roll in half so you can see the beautiful insides. Plus it doubles your order.