Coming back from a long weekend and Tuesday feels like the worst Monday ever but guess what?! Today is most certainly not Monday! In fact today is TACO TUESDAY and that’s probably the best day of the week!
Last night, I whipped up 2 batches of this tastiest, creamiest, avocadoiest sauce so we can slather our tacos with it tonight and still feel good about ourselves because it’s dairy free and that means it’s cholesteral free! Woohoo! This sauce is just the perfect sauce for any kind of tacos and was made with that intention but honestly you could dress ANYTHING with this and it would taste great. I’m talking salads, sandwiches, wraps, nachos, quesadillas, tofu scrambles, pasta salads, veggie burgers, quinoa salads, kale chips, grilled veggies, and the list goes on…
So let’s get started, we only have about 12 hours of this magical taco tuesday left!
Creamy Avocado Cilantro Sauce
1 cup raw cashews soaked in water for 6 hours (or overnight)
2 ripe avocados
1/2 cup chopped cilantro (or more or less depending on your love/hate relationship with cilantro)
1 very juicy lemon (or lime but I think lemons taste so much better, sorry limes)
2 teaspoons Pink Himalayan salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon nooch* optional
Garlic powder to taste
A drizzle of olive oil
1 – 2 cups cold water
1. In a food processor blend cashews with 1 cup water until smooth
2. Add juice of lemon, avocados, and all seasoning, plus more water if necessary. Blend for about 5 minutes scraping down sides when necessary. Make sure this is very smooth.
3. Taste. Add more seasoning if necessary.
4. Rough chop cilantro and add to the food processor with a drizzle of olive oil. Pulse about 10 – 15 times to get this incorporated. The olive oil will give the sauce a beautiful shine. Dont skip it.
5. Taste again. It’s good huh?
6. Store in mason jars and keep refrigerated for about 7 days if you can resist from finishing it all in one sitting.
Originally Posted on:September 8, 2015