Hello Heat Stroke! Summer is here!!!
I spent the weekend in the San Fernando Valley celebrating Father’s Day with my Dadio & the rest of the fam and good golly Miss Molly it was Hot Hot Hot!! 104 degrees Fahrenheit to be exact.
You know what that means… Oh you don’t? Let me tell you.
It means sun dresses, ponytails, beach towels, & DAY DRINKING! To name a few.
These Pina Colada Popsicles will cover all your bases and pretty much guarantee you’ll be the coolest friend that anyone could have.
There is no better way to get wasted in the summer than with some sweet rum spiked ice cream on a stick.
Pina Colada Popsicles
2 cups frozen pineapple
1 cup Malibu Rum*
1/2 can full fat coconut cream
1 splash coconut water
1/2 cup coconut shreds
2 tbsp powdered sugar
*Substitute rum with pineapple juice to keep these kid-friendly/non-alchoholic
- First blend together pineapple and rum*, set aside.
- In a separate bowl mix together coconut cream, coconut shreds, coconut water, and powdered sugar.
- In your popsicle molds, Layer pineapple and coconut mixture 1 tbsp at a time alternating until your molds are filled to the top.
- Top with more coconut shreds and freeze for 2 – 24 hours. Pro-Tip: Freeze for an hour before inserting the popsicle stick(handle) to ensure it stays put.
- When you’re ready to eat your cocktail, remove from the fridge, let thaw a few minutes, remove from mold, & devour immediately!
If you have any leftover ingredients, mix them together and freeze in an ice cube tray for a quick treat. You can use these ice cubes to keep your rum cool on another day or blend together for a delicious & easy pina colada!
Not sponsored by Trader Joe’s – Just obsessed with Trader Joe’s
Enjoy it veganly much!