These beauties have got it all- crunchy, creamy, sweet, fresh, light, spicy, filling, & a gentle eat-standing-up-in-the-kitchen-holding-a-beer essence!!!
The recipe took me a solid 30 minutes to prep, bake, assemble, & eat! Worth every second of it especially since I didn’t have to clean up. Thanks hubby boo!
These were so delicious and equally wonderful if enjoyed separately. Those baked avocados are as good as French fries if dipped in some chipotle mayo and that salsa oh that salsa… Pass me the tortilla chips! So so good!
Let’s goooo it’s almost Cinco de Mayo and you’re gonna need this nailed down by then…
Baked Avocado Tacos & Mango Salsa
1 large avocado (or 2 medium)
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 tbsp yellow mustard
1 tbsp hot sauce
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp sea salt
1 cup frozen mango cubes (thawed)
2 tbsp diced red onion
2 tbsp chopped cilantro
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp hot sauce
A pinch of sea salt
Lime & fresh cilantro
1. Prepare your dredge station buy mixing the wet ingredients in one bowl and your dry ingredients in another bowl. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Preheat oven to 425. Slice your avocado into thick pieces. 1 large avocado should make about 8 slices.
3. Dredge you avocado in the wet mixture, then coat well with bread crumbs, then place on baking sheet. Repeat until everything is coated and prepared. Bake for 15 minutes removing once to flip over.
While your avocados are baking prepare your salsa and tortillas…
4. Chop your thawed mango chunks into small pieces and add to a bowl with onion, cilantro, lemon juice, hot sauce, & salt. Taste and adjust. This is a sweet salsa but a little more hot sauce gives it a very nice sweet & spicy balance. Set aside.
5. Char your tortillas directly over the flame on your gas stovetop. Watch these closely as they will burn quickly.
6. Chop your cabbage into thin ribbons and set aside.
7. Assemble your tacos as soon as the avocados are baked because these are the crispiest and most delicious right out of the oven. I like to put cabbage on the bottom, then the avocados, then the mango salsa. Last, I splash a little lime juice on top and that’s all folks!