I’ve had a crazy couple weeks at work and almost no time to do any cooking. All I’ve been daydreaming about is buying 4 bananas and making banana bread. I’m not joking.
Creating recipes and playing around in the kitchen is really my favorite hobby. It’s my ME time and nothing really matters except making something that’s beautiful and delicious. It’s fun, therapeutic, creative, & instantly gratifying when it’s ready and I get to eat eat eat it!
Finally, it’s Friday night and I’m flooring it to Trader Joe’s. 4 bananas and 102 dollars worth of groceries later, I’m cruising home to make this scrumptious, dense, vegan, oil-free, easy-to-bake, banana bread. Emphasis on BREAD because it’s definitely NOT cake, it’s bread!
Whole Wheat Banana Bread
What you’ll need:
4 ripe bananas
2 cups whole wheat flour
1/4 cup water
1 teaspoon baking powder
2/3 cup sugar
3 tablespoons apple sauce
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 pinch salt
1 pinch cinnamon
1/2 cup pecans
1/2 cup sunflower seeds – optional
Bread Pan (I bought one at a grocery store for $4!)
1. In a large bowl mash bananas.
2. Add water, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, & apple sauce to the banana bowl.
3. In a small bowl mix flour, salt, & baking powder.
4. Combine everything in the large bowl and mix well until the flour is incorporated.
5. Add nuts and mix again.
6. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a bread pan with parchment paper. Spray lining with coconut oil.
7. Add batter to bread pan and bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour.
Serve warm or room temp with some vegan butter or strawberry preserves or both!
Enjoy it veganly much!