Lots of holiday parties coming up and this VEGAN pasta recipe is my favorite Omni Party Show Stopper! I served this at my company’s Holiday party last week and didn’t even end up telling anyone it was vegan. They didn’t ask and I didn’t want to ruin the fun. Everyone LOVED it.
When I first walked in, the organizer set it down right next to one of those authentic Mac n Cheese dishes. You know the ones that are baked so thick you can slice them like a cake? MMMMH. I was nervous. I thought there is no way my low fat-plant based-cashew cheese-whole wheat shells-organic marinara-pasta can compare. Thank goodness I was wrong. I couldn’t believe my eyes at the end of the day when my pasta was nearly completely devoured and the Mac n Cheese Cholesterol Cake was almost completely still intact. If that doesn’t prove that plant-based food is spectacular, I don’t know what will!
So, get some cashews soaking in warm water & Let’s Get Cookin’!!
1 cup cashews (soaked)
1/2 cup almond milk
2 tablespoons Nooch
Salt & Pepper
1 jar of marinara sauce
1 package pasta shells
1. Cook your pasta to al dente according to box instructions.
2. In a food processor blend cashews, almond milk, Nooch, 1/2 jar of marinara, salt & pepper until very smooth.
3. In a sauce pan, heat the second half of the marinara sauce and then add in the cashew cream mixture. Stir well and bring to a simmer.
3. Rinse and drain pasta leaving a few tablespoons of the pasta water in the pasta. Pour into a baking dish.
4. Pour all the sauce over the pasta in the baking dish and mix well.
5. Top with bread crumbs, Nooch, & dry basil. Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes at 375 degrees until top is crispy.
Enjoy it Veganly much!
Leave a Reply