My hubbies cute-as-pie cousin is visiting us from New York and I am having the best time cooking up All-Vegan meals for him every night. He is very polite and so far he has loved everything. Or so he says… Either way it’s been great having an extra taste tester around. I’d say last nights dish was a winner. I paired this couscous with some Noochy Broccolini and Vegetarian Kishke. We all shared a pomelo for dessert and everyone went to bed healthy and happy.
This recipe is so simple it’s going to make you crazy! You’re going to say to yourself why aren’t we eating couscous and rainbow chard with all our meals. It’s so tasty and satisfying too!
2 Cups Whole Wheat CousCous
2 Cups Water
Salt & Pepper
5 leaves rainbow chard
2 leaves black kale
1 cup heirloom cherry tomatoes
Salt & Pepper & Garlic Powder
- In a small saucepan, bring 2 cups water seasoned with salt & pepper, and a few tablespoons of olive oil to a boil. Once the water is boiling add couscous, turn off heat, stir, and let sit for 5 minutes with the lid on. The couscous will cook that easily.
- In a large saute pan, add olive oil and bring to a medium high heat.
- Cut heirloom cherry tomatoes in half and add to the hot pan. Add salt and shake them around the pan for a few minutes to get them to blister and pop.
- Slice up yourchard and kale leaves keeping the beautiful hearty stems. Once your tomatoes have released enough juice, add your greens and let them wilt down. You can add more salt, pepper, and garlic powder here. They will wilt down within 2 minutes or so… Mix well.
- Fluff your cooked couscous with a fork and pour out into a bowl. Pour your greens right over making sure to spread the pan juices evenly. This is going to flavor your couscous making it such a special dish.