1 – 2 Bananas
Half a bag of frozen blueberries
2 Cups Organic Rolled Oats
1 cup pecans chopped
1.5 – 2 cups vanilla almond milk
Mmmm some maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 tablespoons chia seeds
A few shakes of cinnamon
2 – 3 tablespoons stevia
A few dabs of earth balance margarine
Coconut oil cooking spray1. Generously grease your casserole dish with the cooking spray of your choice
2. Slice the bananas and line the bottom of your casserole dish
3. Sprinkle over 1/4 of the bag of frozen blueberries
4. Chop your pecans
4. Mix your oats, cinnamon, chia seeds, vanilla, and stevia in a bowl. Add half your chopped nuts. Pour in your almond milk slowly. You don’t want your oats to get mushy but you want them well coated. Use your judgment on what that means
5. Layer half your oat mixture over the blueberries
6. Pour some maple syrup over that
7. Layer on another 1/4 of a bag of frozen blueberries
8. Pour on the rest of your oat mixture
9. Top with the rest of your mixed nuts. Drizzle a few more splashes of almond milk just to make sure it’s all moist.
10. Just for fun, I mean it’s the holidays right? Drop a few pats of margarine and sprinkle with more sugar and cinnamon to get a nice crusty top.
11. Your oven was preheated to 375 right? Oops, do that now…
12. Pop it in the oven for about 30 – 35 minutes and grab a plate or spoon or whatever. Just dig in!
I’m going to refrigerate the parts I didn’t devour – I mean, taste test – and warm it up again tomorrow morning.
Warning: this should be eaten for breakfast but you’ll probably eat it at all hours of the day/middle of the night. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.