I really really wanted to call this my “9 Finger Breakfast Pizza” but my thumb will eventually heal and I will definitely make this again using all 10 fingers!
So, last night was one of those late nights where I had Zumba until 9 and Joony was in class until 10 and we were both starving when we got home so I just whipped this together. (Then whipped together another one because he liked it so much) I swear, I make the BEST things when I’m hungry. Also, I was watching CHOPPED while making it and totally beat the clock! But, I forgot one of my basket ingredients, black olives, because like I said before I was HANGRY!
1 Whole Wheat Lavash Bread
2 – 3 Tablespoons Marinara Sauce
1/2 package Crimini Mushrooms
1 medium Zucchini
1 medium Tomato
2 handfuls Shredded Cheese
SOME BLACK OLIVES!!
Olive oil, salt, pepper, oregano, siracha, onion powder, red pepper flakes to taste…
YOUR TIME STARTS NOW!
1. Preheat oven to 350, line baking dish with aluminum foil, place your lavash flat, & drizzle some olive oil and seasonings. Pop it in the oven to get a preliminary crunch. The bread will toast further the second time we put it in the oven…
2. Grill veggies in a skillet to get a little bit of color on them. I did this to soften the mushrooms and zucchini just a tad while the bread was toasting so everything would go much faster at the end. Remember, I was a hungry, 9 fingered lady, and needed things to move quickly… These will cook all the way through later in the oven when we broil…
3. Bring your lavash out and top it like a pizza, marinara first, veggies second, cheese third, and a little more oregano on top…
4. Put your lavash pizza back in the oven, lower rack, and on HIGH broil for 2 – 3 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, you can fry your eggs. I love them sunny side up. Obvi, because the yolk becomes the most oowy goowy delicious sauce for the pizza.
“Chefs, 2 minutes on the clock, it’s time to plate!!”
6. Pull the pizza out, the cheese should be melty and your lavash should be browned and crispy. Gently place the eggs on top. Garnish with the cilantro. Drizzle some hot sauce or sprinkle some red pepper flakes and EAT!!!
7. Repeat steps 1 – 6 because you’re gonna want another one.
Originally Posted on: December 3, 2014
Leave a Reply