Now, I’m going to describe the quick and easy way I usually make them and I’ll leave it up to you to add as many ‘Could Haves’ as you want. Directions will be the same, flavors will be gorgeous!!
How to Roll a Spring Roll:
1. Chop all your veggies into julienne (matchstick) size pieces. This will make it so much easier to roll.
2. Warm up some water and pour in a large bowl.
3. Dip your rice paper in the warm water for 5 – 10 seconds just to soften a bit. Not too soft.
4. Lay your rice paper flat on a damp cutting board and lay your veggies, tofu, crushed peanuts, herbs, etc in a nice pile in the middle of the rice paper.Be careful not to overfill.
5. Roll it like a burrito. Bottom flap up, top flap down, grab one side, roll over to other side, tuck, roll, tuck, roll. And finally seal the other side.
6. I like to cut mine in half so I can see all the pretty insides and eat twice as much.
7. Dip your rolls in the Thai Peanut Sauce and drizzle some spicy sriracha sauce and enjoy! Or make your own Spicy Almond Dip
[Don’t worry if they’re not perfect, this isn’t a fashion show, it’s just dinner. They will taste the same no matter what shape you make them. After all, it’s what’s inside that counts, right?]
I did the calculations and these veggie rolls come out to about 100 calories each based on what you stuff them with and how hard you dip them in the sauce.