When your mind is thinking Nachos but your body is screaming Eat a Salad… Mediterranean Cauliflower Nachos to the rescue!
Have you guys been to StoneFire Grill lately? Well, did you know they have a pretty amazing little VEGAN menu? Yup, that’s right. The rib place. Has. A Vegan. Menu! I’ve linked it for you here. (not sponsored) On that pretty little menu is this roasted cauliflower pita sandwich and you guys have NO idea how amazing it is. The flavors in this dish were definitely inspired by that heavenly little pita wrap. Keep reading…
Can you even call it nachos if there aren’t any tortilla chips? Look, I dont know. Maybe not. But no matter what you wanna call this dish you start it with Delicious and end it with Yummm. What you put in between really doesn’t matter because you will be so happy you made this.
It really doesn’t hurt that this comes out looking so beautiful and fills you up more than that endless basket of chips and salsa ever could!
What’s my favorite thing about this recipe you ask? Well, it’s that Spicy Tahini Sauce, obvi. Especially because I had half a bottle leftover and drizzled it all over my salad the next day.
It was SO instagram worthy!!
Mediterranean Cauliflower Nachos & Spicy Tahini Sauce
1 head of cauliflower
2 Persian cucumbers
2 tomatoes on the vine
1 handful chopped parsley
1/2 tsp coriander
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp lemon pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tbsp olive oil
Spicy Tahini Sauce:
1 cup tahini
2 – 3 tbsp sriracha
1/2 juice of a lemon
A pinch of salt
A pinch of smoked paprika
1. Line a baking dish with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Cut cauliflower into bite sized florets. Place in a large bowl. Add olive oil and all seasonings. Mix well until cauliflower is coated evenly.
3. Spread Cauliflower on baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes removing once to toss.
4. While your cauliflower is roasting, dice cucumber, tomato, & parsley – set aside
5. Mix dressing ingredients in a bowl, taste and adjust seasoning and spice to your liking.
6. When your cauliflower is cooked through and crispy begin to plate.
Cauliflower on the bottom, top with tomatoes, cucumber, parsley and finally a generous drizzle of the spicy tahini sauce.
You can eat these “nachos” as is or you can wrap them in pita or add shredded romaine lettuce to magically turn them into a salad. Voila, now you’re a great cook AND you’re a magician!
Enjoy it veganly much!!