One of my favorite healthy, easy, fancy, raw vegan, salad, side dish, summer recipes is THIS! The Courgette Carpaccio! Why would anyone eat raw meat when they can eat raw nutritious courgette (that’s what the fancy Australians call Zucchini) This takes like 2 minutes to make and will impress all your guests! It will also make you feel good about yourself when you are trying to be a little healthier so you can fit into your white wedding dress in 6 weeks and all you can really think about is binge eating french fries… but I digress.
Let’s make this!
2 raw Zucchini (Courgette) I used green but yellow squash will work just fine.
1/4 Cup chopped roasted & salted pistacios
1 fresh lemon
A drizzle of really good Extra Virgin Olive Oil
A pinch or more of Red Chili Pepper Flakes
A few sprigs of fresh flat leaf parsley
Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Slice your Courgette into thin strips using a mandolin. You can also just use a knife but it will take you forever to get these sliced almost paper thin.
2. Arrange slices in a beautifiul bowl.
3. Squeeze half your lemon juice right over the top. Save the other half for garnish.
4. Drizzle with your super fancy olive oil.
5. Sprinkle with Salt & Pepper. Add crush red pepper
6. Top with your chopped pistacios or really any other nut of your choice. Macadamia would be super too. You just want some crunch & flavor to keep this interesting.
7. Lastly, sprinkle a few sprigs of flat leaf parsley so everyone thinks you’re a professional chef.
Voila! Enjoy it Veganly Much!
Originally Posted on June 18, 2015
Leave a Reply