My protest sign would say “Lasagna Rolls Trump Everything!”
I went to a party over the weekend and met a bunch of new & interesting people but all I wanted to talk about were these Lasagna Rolls. I just felt that everyone needed to know.
Has that ever happened to you?
I dont think anyone at this party was as interested as I was but I was probably just at the wrong party because these Lasagna Rolls are AWESOME!!
First and foremost, they were so fun to make! I love playing with my food and if you do too you are going to really enjoy assembling these and rolling them up.
Second and most importantly they were DE-freakin-LICIOUS!
Third of all, they are totally customizable. I happen to get my hands on some really delicious mushrooms in a pretty nice variety so I was all about this combo but you could easily try these plain, with spinach, with beefless crumbles, with tomatoes, or corn, or anything really! Sky is the limit!
And lastly, they’re really really healthy! I MEAN IT!
Triple Threat! How could anyone possibly wanna talk about anything other than these??
Once you get them all ready and rolled up, you can either freeze them for a quick meal later on or you can bake them up right away and enjoy with your hubby on Day 1 of your new Diet. LOL, and that part is true.
What? Lasagna can be diet food, right? Right!
Let’s go make these so you can hurry up and tell all your friends about your new LASAGNA DIET!
Wild Mushroom & Kale Lasagna Rolls
2 Portobello caps
2 cups cremini Mushrooms
1 cup Oyster Mushrooms
1 cup chopped Kale
1 tsp crushed garlic
1 tsp dry thyme
1 tsp dry oregano
Salt & Pepper
1 jar marinara sauce
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp Tahini
1 tbsp Nooch
Oregano and garlic powder to taste
8 sheets Whole wheat lasagna noodles
1. Make a batch of Tofu Ricotta or buy vegan ricotta ready made.
2. Dice all your mushrooms into small pieces and saute in a large skillet over medium-high heat until nicely browned. About 7 – 8 minutes.
3. Add seasonings, crushed garlic, and kale and saute for 1 -2 minutes more. Remove from pan and set aside to cool.
4. Add lasagna sheets to a large pot of boiling salted water and cook until al dente (with a bite) about 2/3 of the way cooked through. Remove from the pot and set asside to cool.
5. While your lasagna is cooking add your pasta sauce, tahini, nooch, and seasonings to the same pan you cooked your mushrooms in and stir gently until warmed through and mixed well to create a creamy pink sauce.
6. Set up your assembly line and begin rolling your lasagna.
- Add half your sauce to the bottom of a baking dish
- Lay your lasagna noodles in one layer on a flat surface.
- Spread a thin layer of Tofu Ricotta on each sheet of lasagna
- Top with an even layer of mushroom and kale
- Roll tight and place seam side down into your baking dish
7. Top everything with the rest of your sauce, cover with aluminum foil and bake in a 350 degree oven to 45 minutes.
Freezer Instructions: If you plan to freeze these, skip #7 and instead allow them to cool completely then place in the freezer until you are ready. When you’re ready to serve remove from the freezer and complete #7 just before serving. You can freeze the sauce separately or all together in one dish. Either way these will last at least 3 – 6 months.