You couldn’t step outside your front door in December without someone gifting you a delicious box of chocolates. AmIright?
I work in a fairly good sized office for a wonderful company so I couldn’t even step away from my desk without being tempted into eating the most delicious sweet treats. People were gifting us from all over with different variety boxes of See’s Candies, and Godiva Truffles, and Barrels of Cookies, and so on. I have to admit. I indulged. Chocolate is great but FREE chocolate during a busy work day? That’s just irresistible.
Well I’ve decided to participate in Veganuary which means no more little cheats with a little office kitchen truffles. So, I made my own!
With a couple simple household ingredients, and a little time, these Crispy Peanut Butter Chocolate Turtles are the PERFECT little snack when you’re craving something sweet. And best of all, they’re VEGAN!
MAKE THESE ASAP and store them in your freezer (or your desk drawer) for the next time you wanna be bad – because they are just that good!
I guess you could also gift them to someone if you’re feeling generous but that’s what December is for right? Hello January, Hello Veganuary! Let’s go!
Crispy Peanut Butter Chocolate Turtles
3 tbsp coconut oil
1 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar
A hefty pinch of sea salt
1 cup salted peanuts
1 cup rice crispy cereal
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1. Add coconut oil, peanut butter, powdered sugar, & sea salt to a medium saucepan over low-medium heat and stir well until all melts and blended together. Remove from heat.
2. Add peanuts and rice crispy cereal to the peanut butter mixture and mix well. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
3. Pour chocolate chips in a small shallow bowl and microwave in 30 second intervals stirring each time until completely melted and smooth.
4. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and using a tablespoon, dollop the peanut butter mixture in a single layer.
5. Wet your hands and roll the mixture into balls then dip into the chocolate coating well and place back on the parchment lined baking sheet until all your balls are covered in chocolate.
6. Refrigerate again for 2 hours or overnight so they set up and enjoy them Veganly much!
*Note: The longer you refrigerate the peanut butter mixture the easier it will be to form into balls. Dont be afraid if it gets a little messy, it will still be just as delicious!