Muffins are just cupcakes for fit chicks. Right?
Well, these muffins are definitely made for fit chicks (and fit guys too). They’re healthy, I promise. They even kinda taste healthy and I dont mean that in a bad way. I mean that in a ‘go ahead and eat another one’ kinda way.
They’re vegan, oil-free, and contain very little sugar. You could of course add a bit more sugar to make them even sweeter but I think they tasted great for breakfast or a quick afternoon snack with coffee or tea.
They’re soft and chewy, packed with nutrients, and let’s be honest – they’re gorgeous!
You can probably already guess what happened here. I bought way too many bananas and they went super ripe super quick. I had about 6 bananas left before I was packing up to leave the house for the whole weekend and I needed to make good use of them. Voila! I baked up a batch of these delicious Blueberry Banana Muffins and took them with me on my weekend getaway to visit family.
My sweet little almost 2 year old niece Lily approved and even asked for more! Winning!
Pro-Tip: if you don’t feel like having a muffin, you could absolutely take this recipe and bake it up in a cake pan or bread pan. But who doesn’t feel like a muffin every once in awhile?
Blueberry Banana Muffins
4 Ripe Bananas
1 cup frozen blueberries
1.5 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup water
1 cup apple sauce
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 pinch of sea salt
Sunflower seeds or pecans or any nut of your choice – optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Mash 4 bananas in a large bowl. Add applesauce, vanilla extract, water, and sugar.
- In a smaller bowl mix flour, salt, & baking powder.
- Add dry ingredients to the banana bowl and mix well.
- Add blueberries & sunflower seeds and stir to combine.
- Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners and spray them with coconut oil if they aren’t nonstick. skip this step if they are.
- Fill each cup with the batter all the way to the top.
- Garnish each muffin with a sliced banana and a few more frozen blueberries
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 45 – 50 minutes.
- Remove and let sit to cool. These will continue to cook after they come out of the oven.
Enjoy it veganly much!