Ok you guys I’m a little obsessed with cauliflower. As if you couldn’t tell already. I’m sorry but its just magic. It takes on the flavor of anything you throw on it, the texture is so on point depending on what you’re trying to resemble, it’s cheap, it comes already washed and chopped in a bag at Trader Joe’s, and it’s good for you. I mean. What’s not to love?!
I had a Taco Tuesday to end all Taco Tuesdays last night. I dont even know if I can call it night because I was finished eating by 5pm. So so good! I even wrapped up all my leftover ingredients into a burrito for lunch today. Let’s just say I’m having the best week ever. Alright, let’s get cooking!!
Sriracha Cauliflower Tacos
1/2 head of cauliflower (broken into small bites)
Lots of Sriracha
2 tbsp Olive Oil
1 tbsp Tomato Paste
1 tbsp honey or agave nectar
Salt & Pepper &
Garlic Powder & Lemon Pepper to taste
Soft White Corn Tortillas
1 Can of Black Beans
1 cup Shredded Purple Cabbage
Cilantro to garnish
How to Sriracha your Cauliflower:
1. In a frying pan, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil on medium high heat.
2. Throw in bite sized pieces of cauliflower and stir around to get them coated.
3. Add seasonings and cook until they start to get golden brown (about 5 minutes)
4. Add LOTSO Sriracha and mix well to get coated. Add more sriracha.
5. Stir in 1 tablespoon tomato paste and mix well to coat.
6. Add more Sriracha. I’m serious.
7. Once the cauliflower is nice and browned and soft, that means its cooked. Add 1 tablespoon of honey or agave nectar (or maple syrup) Stir well to get it all coated. This will start to caramelize.
8. Add more Sriracha and mix well and remove from heat. Taste! Yum, right?
How to assemble your Tacos:
1. On direct flame, blister your tortillas and warm them up.
2. Drain & Rinse 1 can of black beans and add 2 scoops to the middle of each tortilla
3. Next, add a few helpings of the Sriracha Cauliflower
4. Now, add a few shreds of purple cabbage
5. Finally, drizzle on a few or more than a few dollops of Creamy Avocado Cilantro Sauce
6. Garnish with Cilantro, fold over like a taco, take a huge bite!
Enjoy it Veganly Much!